1. Swap Bulbs If you still haven't switched to CFLs for environmental or economic reasons, do it to be cool. Incandescent bulbs waste about 90 percent of their energy through the heat they emit.
2. Keep A Cool Head Try out a buckwheat pillow for bedtime. They don't absorb and retain heat like cotton and down pillows.
3. DIY AC Place a big bowl of ice water in front of a fan for a cheap alternative to central air.
4. Mind the Blinds Close your window blinds or curtains during the day (particularly if you are out of the house) to prevent your home from heating up like a greenhouse.
5. Grill and Chill Cooking outside on the grill keeps you from heating up your home with a stove or oven. Bonus: It also minimizes the time you have to sweat over the dishes.
6. Don't Block Your Breeze Open internal doors at night to maximize any fresh, cool breezes that blow in.
7. Change Direction For the summer, set your ceiling fan to rotate in a counterclockwise direction to create a cooling, downward airflow. In winter, turn the setting back to clockwise to recirculate warm air.
8. Suck It Up Use your bathroom fan when you shower and your exhaust fan when you use your stovetop. They'll help draw the hot air up and out of the room.
9. Unplug Electronics emit heat when they're plugged in, even if they're turned off. Unplug them, or use a smart power strip, when they’re not in use.
Want a cool new place to call home? Learn what your cold cash (or approved mortgage amount) can buy in today's market. Start by contacting us today!
Author:REMAX Elite Dated: July 7th 2018 Views: 11 About REMAX: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate company with over 90 of the best Realtors in town that are committed to their Clients and work extremely hard to achieve the results they deserve. 5 Office Locations throughout Brevard to service all of your needs.
#1 COMPANY IN BREVARD COUNTY FOR CLOSED SALES VOLUME 2015 & 2016.
#1 RE/MAX in Brevard County since 2009!
Here are five reasons listing your home for sale this summer makes sen
"I recently went up against competitors in Lansing Island for a $1.7 million dollar listing. Justin stopped what he was doing and went out of his way to assist me in securing the listing. We talked about what to say and how to say it. He even took the time to e-mail responses to objections the seller was making about the competition. All I had to do was simply copy & paste what he said and send along with my signature on it. Long story short, I won the listing and sold the house 3 weeks later. By leveraging the knowledge and support of a Billion Dollar Broker, I now have an additional $30,395 sitting in my bank account! The value that I receive working with Justin, Heather, Susan, Lisi, Sharon and the rest of the crew here at Elite has been priceless!"